Review: Ninja Joe, One Utama

You could call it a GroupOn rampage as this is yet another deal from them. I like these sort of deals that require no reservation and it's good enough to have on your own. Yes, I am sad like that. Last year saw a lot of activity on my GroupOn account that I was starting to forget what I bought already....

One of the few pork fast food joints (sorry but the sort where you sit down and get a menu to order from don't count as fast food), Ninja Joe has been around for awhile yet each time I passed by either their One Utama or  Tropicana City Mall outlet, the branches appear to be sadder than me roaming the malls alone during the weekends. Unlike other fast food franchise where there are bound to be at least 3 tables occupied, here you'll be lucky to find 2tables. Is it because it's non-halal thus their market segment is smaller? Admittedly, when you serve pork on the menu, you have successfully eradicated 1/3 of the population from patronizing your establishment.

My last visit was eons ago and the deal seemed too good to pass up. Unfortunately, when I was there, they were having other set deals which was just about the same price -_- My set came with deep fried pork nuggets, a drink and the burger itself.

The nuggets were freshly made. It wasn't hard to tell because it made my slightly irritated throat even more irritated that it effectively soared my throat (soar throat, get it??). But it was very well worth it. Maybe a bit dry but it'll be perfect with ketchup.

My Chuck-y burger. The bread was rather fluffed up but it's the filling that really stood out. The pork patty was juicy and succulent by itself. A streaky bacon for more fatty goodness. Love how they fried the egg well done and topped it all with crunchy onion ring. There is nothing flawed here except that because all the ingredients are dry, it could have made do with some sauce. Yea, ketchup comes in handy.

Comments