Review: Key Hiong, Tmn Megah

This is a short review. A very short review because by the time I reached there, my friends had already finished their breakfast. One of them was flying back so I dropped by to bid him farewell in case his flight couldn't make it. The night before, I mentioned to them that I would probably be still dead asleep for breakfast unless someone called to wake me up. Of which, he did =_="""

(ring ring) Hello, amy! Wake up! 
(groggily) huh, hah, what....
come on. lets go for breakfast. 
(mumble mumble) don't want la. let me go back to sleep.
don't like that. faster. 

Either they eat super fast or my body was still stuck in lala land that they finished breakfast. But then again, it was already 1.30pm when I reached.

 Since they were already stuffed, I only ordered few dishes. Top is steamed fish ball. Although it didn't have that springy texture, my consolation was it didn't taste fishy in a bad way.
Siew mai was a bit of a letdown but then again, it's hard to find a version where the pork flavor isn't too prominent. Lastly on the left is crabstick roll with fish paste covered with bean curd skin. This is like the one dish to entice the kids to eat. I'd like to think that I am one because I liked it :D

There wasn't much options left and I gave this a shot. Supposedly a steamed chicken bun, the meat was red. Not from being raw/undercooked but a certain spice to marinate it. While it wasn't too bad, it's just one of those acquired flavors. What I like best is the HARD BOILED EGG.

Comments