Review: Lok Yoon, Cyberjaya

Within Cyberjaya itself, there aren't that many places serving pork. Thankfully (for those of you who can die without pork), there is Lok Yoon. For myself, pork isn't that high up on my favorite meat list. There was even a point of time when I stopped eating pork entirely for no particular reason. My mother was amused and asked if I was dating a Muslim. Abstaining from pork just felt like the right thing at the time and it wasn't difficult since most of the time, it was always chicken on the menu.

Did I feel healthier? Not really.
Did I feel better? Same ol' but it was amusing looking at people's reaction when I don't eat the pork dishes. Nobody forced me to eat it either.

Kopi C. It is basically coffee with evaporated instead of condensed milk, resulting into a creamier taste. It's one of the few things my father introduced me to which I still fondly remember of till this day as it's a good beverage for that caffeine kick without being overly sweet. Lok Yoon did a rather good job of brewing this coffee too with a thick brew. There is no bitter aftertaste, only a welcoming warmth that reminds you of the good old days. Or in my case, wishing that I didn't have to go back to the office after lunch.

 Curry noodles with roast pork. Famed for their selection of meat, this time around we opted out of their rice selection and had noodles instead. Not sure if this was good but the curry did look rather thick than watered down which is always a good thing. Also, the lime with the sambal is a good indicator that they are serious about their noodles like their roast meat.

Cantonese style yee mee. This is one of my favorite comfort foods especially for rainy days or when my hormones kick up a fuss. There is something comforting in the warmth of the thick egg drop gravy that it is so welcoming. I like how they made this not over the top but with enough flavors to satisfy and remind you of home. The noodles were still slightly crunchy and if you prefer them to be soft, soak it in the gravy longer. My personal preference is for some bit to them.

Comments