Review: My Iman Noodles House, Cyberjaya

One of the few halal joints serving Chinese food in Cyberjaya, I didn't have high hopes for this place. It is just that in general, when people attempt to halal-ize Chinese dishes, it somehow falls flat. Is it because of the pork or lard? I don't know but I'm not exactly a pork diehard fan either.

One thing about this place is how its menu wasn't very extensive when we visited it back in Sept 2014. Oh yes, my lag is deplorable.


Chicken mushroom soup noodle. For RM 8, you get a generous amount of chunky mushroom and chicken. It was a rather large bowl and lunch date said it wasn't bad.


 Beef soup noodle. This turned out to be rather good. The noodles had a good springy texture, not soggy at all. The beef were cooked well done (as expected) and you get enough of it to go with the noodles. The star of the dish has got to be the soup. With a hint of herbal, the flavor of the beef shone through without the feeling that you are gorging on a cow.

 Ordinarily, I don't take cili padi due to fear of it being spicy but I love sambal, Chinese chilli sauce and my favorite is this: chili oil. Not many places carry this as it doesn't really go  well with most dishes. The best pairing is with chee cheong fun. The salty soy sauce and sweet spicy chili oil are just a match made in your mouth. I wish I have found my salty soy sauce man and not just a salty man :( If you didn't get that joke, please ask your Cantonese speaking/understanding friend.

 I made a bit of a mess on their clean white table because although they provided a bowl of chili, they failed to have those small saucers to place the chilli =\ Somehow, this is like a dark dark image. Like the beginning of a nightmare.

Comments