Review: Johnny Rockets, The Curve

 How did you usher in 2015? Mine was trying to locate a way back into eCurve's car park. Not very fun, wading through the crowd, trying not to get sprayed. I guess age is catching up to me.

 We were there to catch the fireworks. I don't really care about that because I get a pretty good view of those from the comforts of my room during every festive season that it becomes quite a norm (almost a bore after awhile, nuisance soon after) but dinner date wanted so I obliged.

What better way to end 2014 than with a good meal? Not that I know if Johnny Rockets would have that but the amount of people waiting would certainly mean something.

 The place reeks of Grease with the bright decor. I especially like this straw stand.
Did you know that there was a scandal few years ago about straws being reused that people have resorted to individually packing them to ensure it's clean? Or maybe most of the places that I go are too cheapskate so they buy bulk straws.

 The emphasis here is good old fashioned American hamburgers. Like the kind (you watch in movies) where the guy goes to a drive-in cinema or the milkshake/ice cream parlor where the girls wear puffy skirts with fringe combed up high. The staff took it up one notch with a dance routine for the customers. Although they didn't dance like any K-pop group, their moves were almost in sync and some were actually entertaining and you could see they did put in the effort with the hip movement.

Videos? Well, even if I did, you'll only get to see the rear view. Though I suppose some of you are probably into that.

 Since it was new year's eve, it took us about 15minutes to get a table. Thankfully, food didn't take too long to arrive. This is the ariel view of the burger. It all comes standard with fries and coleslaw, both of which tasted freshly made. I especially like the coleslaw as the veggie still retained that crunchy, green taste. Actually, it's not exactly coleslaw but shredded cabbage drizzle with thousand island :")

Fries weren't too greasy but it didn't have as much salt as McD's version (oh my love). Healthier I suppose. You can also opt to upgrade to crinkle cut fries but these provides more crunch.

 Famous for their burgers, dinner date proceeded with The Original. Reason was to try out their signature dish. I found it to be a little on the dry side and the sauce was tad bit sweet.

 My smoke house single burger. Main reason for ordering this was the (beef) bacon and onion ring. I was just really hungry and wanted to get as much meat into my system. The sweet BBQ sauce really held the burger together, bringing the beef patty, bacon and onion ring into a complete meal.

 What I found disappointing was the cheese. Why wasn't it melting :(
It would have been really awesome had it melted onto the patty then you get this gooey mass of deliciousness.

Overall, it was a good burger albeit some minor flaws that can be easily fixed. My main complaint is the price. You may argue that it's fairly priced for the ambiance and food but the quality of the food itself can't justify it because at the end of the day, I am still eating a piece of hamburger.

Comments