Bold & beautiful

My foray into the world of facials was initiated by Mel who gave me a free voucher for a trial. Little did I realize that it would be the beginning of my sad (and expensive) experience with trying to correct what God has given. Well, laziness to take care of myself is also God-given, no? Surely, if He had wanted me to take better care of myself, wouldn't He had bestowed on me the discipline? Anyway, at a ripe age of mid 20s, I got my virgin facial.

Rather late when you think of how some high school girls are already going for facial and even waxing. However, it also meant the amount spent is not as high. One session alone could easily cost RM 200, which is why they always want you to buy their package. That's fine except that each time after your session, they will persuade insist that you buy this other package as it'll compliment your existing package(s). The only package that I need anymore are on my chest and my rear, which they apparently do have package to make them bigger.

Perhaps I wasn't doing it right, often enough or consistently to really see the results despite during each session, they'll try on some new treatment by putting it on half of my face and ask me to see how different it is from the other side. Sometimes you can tell, other times I just play along. In case if you're wondering, this is from Modern Beauty. There used to be few branches but have since closed all except for their Midvalley branch. That also is sadly located on the first floor, no longer a premium space.

Luckily, I stopped falling for their sales pitch and have just about finished my package with them. These days, Fave would be my go-to source for facials. There are usually offers for a session for less than RM 100 (or even RM 50). Of course, there's always a catch: first time customers only. With so many of them beauty houses around, there's no end of supply to that. Only issue is how far would you go to find them all.

However, I do like the idea of buying a package to pamper myself every month. You know la, old age is catching up. Also, it's about time that I treat myself. Otherwise, very hard to compete the sweet young things flooding the market these days 😓

Ended up buying a trial package from Glow & Glamour. They do face and body sessions. For RM 48, I got both. Very cheap! But only applicable for first timers.
For their facial, the beauty therapist was an Indian, a first for me as all my previous sessions were done by Chinese. So, it was the first time that I understood everything that was spoken as sometimes, they use Mandarin and I just agree to whatever they say including signing up for some package 😭The total damage over the course of few years was more than RM5grand, which is a paltry sum for some when it comes to facial but for me, quite a lot because I still don't look like Fan Bing Bing without the help of Photoshop.

As for the facial itself, well, in general, all facials are torture sessions. No two ways about it. They hurt and they hurt a lot. It's not uncommon to find yourself tearing up in what is supposedly a pampering session. If you are blessed with a good skin, then you would enjoy it but for me, there was nothing remotely relaxing about someone trying to poke and squeeze the daylight all over your face. Glow here was no exception, unfortunately. If anything, it was probably the most painful session. Ever. I wouldn't say that it's purely their fault as it was a while since my last facial but I think it could have been done in a gentler manner.

The one plus point is my face didn't suffer any bad reaction or breakout the day after.

 A few people who see me don't see the fat in me. It's strange but when you've perfected the art of camouflage, you start regretting it a little that you're too damn good at it. Like every other slimming service, there's minimal effort required on your end except to lie down and get up when they ask you to:
  1. change into disposal underwear 
  2. lie down for them to scrub your back 
  3. flip over for them to scrub your front 
  4. don't fidget/move so much when they wrap you in a warm blanket
  5. sweat it all out 
  6. shower 
Of course, they take your measurements before and after the entire process. They say that it'll help to burn fat but I'm skeptical. Any weight lost is probably just water weight.


Comments