District 13 Cafe, Aman Suria

Jalan PJU 1/43,
Aman Suria,
47301 Petaling Jaya
Tel#03-7886 6568
https://www.facebook.com/District13Cafe/

There's been a surge of F&B joints in this neighborhood. Some survived for awhile. Some has closed down, most notable one being the big OIC Cafe that's smack in the middle. District 13 Cafe aims to break into the market by serving Western food in laid back atmosphere. 
 
 Chicken schnitzel.
I wanted to order this but couldn't, thanks to my sore throat. So, few stolen bites from dinner date's plate doesn't count šŸ˜It wasn't a thick batter so you can taste the chicken without going through too much flour. Sauce was pretty good. The mashed potato was creamy too.

Bacon carbonara.
This tops my list of weirdest combination. The pan fried sliced spam lends the creamy pasta a salty flavor. Then you have the shredded seaweed. Like, wait, what just happened there? I find that last ingredient there weird or maybe it's just my lack of understanding for fusion food. I wouldn't say this tasted bad, just an acquired one.

Comments