Chicken rendang in a jiffy


If there's one thing I try not to have so much of, it'll be canned/instant food. Which is why, this was an amazing find. Want to have some curry without sweating much over the wok? Buy a packet of this and have all the tastiness minus the effort.

Although in my case, I went overboard and decided to have some potatoes and carrots. Those took ages to cook which nullified the whole quick and simple theme šŸ˜”

I pan fried the cubes of potatoes and carrots but left them a wee bit too long that some got slightly burnt. Once those are almost ready, add the gravy into the pan to coat the vegetables. Lastly, add in the meat to reheat them. And there you have it, instant rendang šŸ”Don't be fooled by the package size as there were quite a bit of chicken breast meat in there. It was a bit salty on its own so best to have it with some rice.

Or in my case, ABC soup.

Comments