Bengawan Solo

 Originating from kiasuland Singapore, I've heard about Bengawan Solo and of their famous baked goodies. Having colleagues come down to your office for work is good because they may just show up with goodies like this. Make them come down to your office once every quarter will most likely nullify that advantage.

 Despite being a cake, they labeled this as kueh. First made in Indonesia, it's now more popular in Sarawak where they come up with the craziest of colors to entice you. Bengawan saw no need for such poor gimmick and gives you a nice original flavor. They do have it with cranberry or prune if you want to take it up a notch.

 Tightly wrapped with a shrink wrap to ensure freshness. And it was after landing on my table.
Accidental or by design, those groove marks came in handy when slicing the cake up.

My OCD self was pleased at how uniform I managed to cut them. My tummy was equally happy with the cake that was not too soft, a bit firm as typical of this type of cake. A bit on the sweet side but I don't recommend it with coffee as that may be too heavy. Tea would be good.

Comments