Tea & croissant: A picture is worth a thousand words


I wish I could tell this to my neighbor(s) so that they can keep the parenting level down. At what point should I call social services and report abuse based on the noise?

Thankfully, the Louvre's art galleries are relatively quiet, depending on which gallery you are in. Click on the image for a full scale view. When I first stepped into it, awe doesn't quite describe the feeling.

As spacious as it was, the paintings are equally large, making the room look ordinary. This was a part of the museum that would benefit from having a tour guide to explain what are the significance of them. I think this would have been Napoleon.




Most of the galleries here were designed for you to marvel at from a distance. There are long benches for you to sit and observe. Sadly, some resorted to take a nap.

Well, of course I would have gone to see this one. Who could come all the way over here and pass up the opportunity to see the one painting that has inspired so many things?

In stark contrast to the rest of the galleries, the Mona Lisa painting alone commanded such an audience that you don't feel that you're in an art gallery anymore.

It's almost like going to a wet market and haggling for a good bargain. I kid you not. Encased behind a glass partition, there were guards standing on both sides. There also happened to be a velvet rope around the area to deter visitors from getting too close.

Now, I may be no art aficionado or even scholar but any idiot can tell you that it is impossible to truly admire the work when people are squeezing you from the left, right and back. Many people who've seen it marveled and gushed praises. I think those people had a better view than I did. It looked like all the other paintings there =\

The Coronation of Napoleon is a painting that'll be hard to miss for few reasons. One is due to its size. Two is the sheer level of detail. My favorite is how the kneeling queen is drawn with such tenderness.

There is an entire gallery showcasing (baby) Jesus and Mother Mary. Maybe this little baby grew up to be this bad ass. I mean, like seriously, how can baby have 6packs while I still have a singular one even after working out  for a year plus!?!?!

Oh yea, fried chicken.

A particularly tall painting. This one major back ache.

I much preferred this gallery as it's quieter and less crowded. The white walls also helped to calm the mood.

Paintings within this painting. Like all of the paintings in here are actually painting. Modern Rome by Panini is probably the art version of Inception. Click here to see what the paintings really are.

More than the art, I like the way the pictures are hung. The symmetry and pattern is very satisfying.

I thought of making this my cover photo but maybe not.

More Hannibal reference.

You are better off looking for inspiration here

Comments