Tea & croissant: Back alleys


When we were not in some museum or stuffing ourselves away, we would explore the place on foot.


To be honest, the city felt a little more peaceful than what I would expect or how the media portrayed the election hype to be.

Sure, at the main tourist spots, you can see lots of people but further away from it, you really do get to see a splice of the Parisian life. I came across a man who was smoking away at his balcony leisurely without a care in the world. It was tempting to shoot him (with my camera) but a DSLR would have looked more convincing.

Would Paris be more happening if it isn't during a long weekend?

Maybe but this is the Paris that I came to know and enjoyed: almost devoid of people.

But once out at the streets, there are still people at every corner. Still bearable. Would I return to this city of love in another season? Well, only if I've got extra a lot of cash to spare.

For all its popularity, it's funny that the river still has its own issues e.g. flooding.

But I'm sure it doesn't have the same issue as us.

Comments