Tea & croissant: More to Louvre than just Egyptians


 To be honest, there is so many things going on in this museum that we kind of got lost along the wall, unsure if we had visited that hall or not.

In a way, they look the same but are not. You can tell that these busts are made with more detail.

It could have been the Mesopotamian or some other early civilizations. History has never been my strength and lets face it, the Malaysian education system gives you the boring history to slough through the years. I think I may have fared better if the subject was on world history than our local Hang Tuah which apparently was updated few years ago.

Anyway, these are the busts of royalties and of notable people in the society.

Bad handwriting. Or at least to me.

Not-so-Egyptian sarcophagus.

I suppose this is where the notion of coffins came from.

20years from now, I wonder if someone would go through my blog and put it on display in an e-museum: the ramblings of an Asian girl bounded by tradition, motivated by technology, disappointed by humanity.

Actual mosaic art.

Mosaic art on a life scale.

Can you guess what this is?

It was an original artifact that was flown into Paris. How much would the courier cost have been?

With time, their skills got better and their tools got more refined. More were created. Some of practical use, some just for decorative purpose.

This reminded me of Hannibal.

More stone carvings. Would you be up for such an art at your abode? For free?

Are you ready to move onto something more opulent next?

Comments