Unwinding into 34: Mini island tour

After giving us some interesting local opinion on the island's state, our tour guy dropped us off on this really tiny island. When I say tiny, it is really tiny.

It's main advantage is having a big enough beach with shades but all within walking distance.

Also, the almost crystal clear water helps. This was just before noon and the sun was high.


Like almost on top of my head. The place reminded me of one of those islands off Krabi. Only smaller and not as crowded.

 As someone who didn't grow up with the luxury of abundance of toys, I never understood the big deal about stepping on Lego. Here, I not only discovered how difficult it was walking on a beach littered with broken seashells, I got the pleasure of experiencing how painful it could be if you are not carefully and accidentally scratched the bottom of your feet.

This is almost literally the entire beach.

On the left, what do you expect if not more rocks?

I think it was low tide season as you can tell from that obvious line on the rocks.


This beach is rather family and kid friendly as the water is shallow enough for the kids and the adults can go further into the sea for something more adventurous. Wait, actually, aren't all beaches like that? 😅 I think it's only (man made) swimming pools that fall into a depth.

 There's a hut selling drinks and snacks. Not very expensive but certainly not cheap either. They also rent out snorkeling gear if you're interested to check out some sea creatures.

For example, sea cucumber. I don't know about you but I don't like them. Neither on the sea bed nor on my dinner plate. They look like my poo after a very productive digestion. Even if that doesn't turn you off, their slimy surface should. Since they're soft, imagine what it'll feel like stepping on one. Thankfully, I only had to imagine and not experience that. As for food, I usually skip them and go for the dried oyster or broccoli instead. 

Also, you have to admit that it does look a little phallic 😆

There were schools of fishes too. Again, no Nemo but they do look quite adorable. If you stand still, they'll crowd around your leg. Probably expecting food 🍞

The sand was quite fine but the broken pieces of shell and strong waves turned the water slightly murky. But if that doesn't stop you from having fun, maybe the strong sun would. Remember to slather on sunscreen generously and reapply throughout the hours. I don't know if that's what kept me safe or I'm just tanned all over minus the tan line that I can't tell.

Sometimes, I don't know why he wants to go when all he wants is to either look at his phone or wait until the torture journey is over. Wait, you mean he's doing it because of me? That's a nice notion but if you can't be in the moment and enjoy it, I rather be doing it alone than feel like I forced you into it.

This is probably the highlight of the trip since we spent almost a good hour just kicking sand, avoidin broken shells.You could also do snorkeling or swimming if that's your thing.

Comments