Green View, PJ



8, Jalan 19/3
46300  Petaling Jaya
Tel# 03-79581076, 03-79549263
 Anyone who's worked in PJ long enough would have heard about this place. Famous for their sang har yee mee (fresh prawn noodles), they've withstood the test of time even after their neighbor failed multiple times. If you know about the former Rothman roundabout or Sin Chew Jit Poh office, you'll be familiar with its green sign board.

Although the place isn't known for their crab, we ordered one since they wanted to see how it compares to Wong Poh and Lala Chong. For starters, Green View already won in the size dept: the head itself is already longer than my index finger. But lets start the meal properly.

Asparagus fried with scallop RM 45
Both of which are quite tasteless on its own and fare better with stronger ingredients. I do like the the simplicity of the dish but it did cost a bomb.

Deep fried squid. I bet you this is unlike any you've encountered before. If you have, please let me know where because it is addictive. Without the batter, the squid became crunchy from the deep frying and coated with sweet sauce and chopped chili to give it some heat.

Sang har yee mee 
To come here and not order this dish means that you either had it before or just too broke because this one really don't come cheap. For our party of 7, it was more than enough. Each prawn was fresh and succulent, the head with lots of brain juice (I think that's what the brownish green liquid is?!?). The noodles soaked up the flavors of the gravy which had the sweetness of the prawn.

I know some of you may scoff and say that it's a ripoff which I agree to a certain extent which is why I was only here for company dinner that I wasn't footing the bill for :D

The post opener: Sweet & sour crab.
It may not look like much but really, the top shell is about the size of my palm 😍I'm happy to report that it's not empty headed, with lots of roe and flesh, proportionate to its size.

Dazzle further at my ring the claw. It was humongous, finger licking good. The sauce was not that great as it was a little too sweet and I felt that having it in its original flavor would be good as the crab was really fresh and yummy.

Salted egg yolk crab.
The saltiness isn't very prevalent or maybe they didn't use enough of the salted egg yolk. This turned out to be drier than the previous crab dish. Still, crab was deliciously fresh.

The bill came up to few grand and I did feel a bit guilty for suggesting this place but... it was a great dinner!


Greenview Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments