Italiannies, Empire Subang

G.16, Ground Level,
Empire Shopping Gallery,
Jalan SS 16/1, SS 16,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel#03 56377259
http://www.italiannies.com.my/

Originally, I wanted to go to Italiannies for our Christmas eve dinner but was taken in by the festive cheer of The Apartment. So, we decided to have our Christmas dinner here. Or more like, I decided 😁It makes sense because they have a special Christmas menu.

I know, I know what I said about those things but hey, it's only once a year.

Sizzling roasted chicken RM 30.20: Roasted chicken with red capsicum, pepperoncini, onions, parsley and rosemary potatoes in a tangy pan-gravy sauce.
I've always like baking meat with a simple marinade of salt, pepper and maybe some herbs. It never dawned on me to have onion and chili to give it that spicy twist. This one was quite good. The gravy is light, non-creamy type but you can taste the herbs and chili in it. Gave me idea on my next culinary project.

Seafood risotto RM 44.20: A medley of seafood sauteed with Italian Arborio rice and simmered in seafood broth
Initially, I wanted to order Aglio Olio with crabmeat but this one caught my eye with its promise of seafood variety. They certainly delivered that with two different types of shellfish, shrimp, squid and fish. The last one was unfortunately a bit too fishy for my liking. The funny thing was when I asked the waiter how it taste like and specifically if it would end up being too fishy (since it's a seafood broth), he answered, "Oh no, miss. It's a pasta. Like Italian fried rice". Maybe I looked quite trashy and sounded even more so (thanks to my cough) so he assumed I didn't know how risotto is like. Still, it ended up being quite nice. Not too fishy (except for the fish). A large portion that can be shared among two.

I do highly recommend their Christmas menu 👍

Italiannies Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments