Chelo's Appam Stall, Bangsar


6A, Lorong Ara Kiri 3,
Lucky Garden,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
http://eatwritelife.blogspot.my/2015/07/review-chelos-appam-stall-bangsar.html
Whenever I happen to be in Bangsar (which is really a monthly routine), this place is like my go-to place if I'm broke or want something sweet to end the night. Nothing quite like masala tea on those cold days. It was so cold that my camera lens was still reeling from the air conditioning, hence that misty look. 

The original appam.

I tried the gula melaka version on a whim one day and found that it's actually nicer. Not because it tastes sweeter but the lack (or subdued) coconut taste is a welcomed change. The crispy edges also become more savory against the sweet center.

If you don't have a sweet tooth, they do have savory thosai as well. Sorry, forgot what it's called.

But it comes with a curry potato filling. If that doesn't fill you up, nothing will.
Maybe a sweet appam would.


Comments