Roost, Bangsar


69-1, Jalan Telawi 3,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel# 03-2201 1710
http://roostkl.com/

My birthday celebration kick started with a nice dinner here. I'm so used to eating Chinese tai chow, mamak and the likes that places as calls for a special occasion. Wonder when would cafes be a norm for me 😕The money factor isn't helping. Why are things so expensive?? Why do I not have more money?? WHY WHY WHY....

Roast chicken with mushroom gravy 
Sounds simple enough but that's really because I can't find its menu online. There's at most a whole chicken thigh here that's been slightly flattened. The skin is quite crispy while the flesh is tender. Underneath that is some mashed potato, few slices of thinly sliced bruschetta (or it might have been biscotti) and chopped mushroom. The sauce has been slightly reduced and pairs very well with the chicken. The surprise element here is corn which is hidden underneath the chicken. I liked this a lot but the portion certainly hardly justifies the price tag (close to RM 30).

Lobster and shrimp ravioli.
My first ever dumpling pasta, I was in it more for the lobster than pasta but you have to get through the unfortunately slightly thick shell before you get the good stuff which turned out to be more like a paste. I suppose this is the Western version of wantan. Just like my dislike for lasagne, I didn't like ravioli so much, no thanks to the thicker pasta layer outside. The saving grace of this dish would be the sauce. Rich with the notes from the sea, it lent a good flavor to the otherwise slightly bland pasta.

 Maybe it's the neighborhood. Or its farm to fork concept. The prices here are certainly not budget friendly but great to impress your date .

Roost Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments