Nasi Lemak Goreng Chef Fauzey, PJ Old Town

Jln Othman Bus Station,
PJ Old Town,
46000 Petaling Jaya
Tel# 019-376 5886
https://www.facebook.com/cheffauzey/

I'm not a food purist but sometimes, I think some food should be left alone. For example, our national dish, nasi lemak.

 Don't get me wrong, I applaud the effort in reinventing an old time favorite but, I don't know. Fried nasi lemak?

  Apparently, this place is very popular despite operating from a food truck in an almost dodgy location. Yup, it is a full fledged stall in a truck. So you sit by the roadside on (thankfully) plastic chairs and eat on plastic tables.
How does fried nasi lemak taste like? Not quite like nasi lemak. Nor does it taste like fried rice. This is their standard dish with prawn, bits of the fried stuff leftover from the fried chicken and crazy amount of chili. Looking back at it now, I do miss my carb days 🍛

There's no doubt in the creativity and it's not bad but I still root for good old fashion nasi lemak without the bell and whistles. Maybe except for the fried chicken which they do quite well here. Rather tiny but packed with flavor from the marinated spices. You don't get the crunchy skin but the taste more than makes up for it.

Comments