A crystalline Christmas

 Ho Ho Ho~ Merry Christmas. To the politically correct ones, festive greetings. Hu Hu Hu. I wanted to do a Christmas special but nothing special planned for 2017. However, Pavilion did have something special which I hadn't blogged on so this would be my 2017 Christmas post, courtesy of 2015.

Pavilion is one of the more luxurious malls in Klang Valley, housing more internationally known brands under its roof. The funny thing is the crowd don't exactly look like the kind who wears or even can afford them. But you know what they say, don't judge a book by its cover.

 East meets West. Also for people who can't afford the stuff at the lower floors.


 If you're hoping to see some of this at the mall, please don't bother because these pictures are outdated. I used them because it was in line with the theme 🎅⛄ After all, we are already on the dawn of iPhone X. Can you guess which model the billboard is sporting?

 The entrance was truly magical that many people were just posing and snapping away. Pretty sure most of them also had posted the picture up on social media there and then 😂 Maybe that couple already got married and have a baby. Or they've since broken up. 

 The theme was a white Christmas and they delivered in the form of white lights, fake snow and lots of poinsettia, lest you get snow blindness though I'm not sure if it's possible from fake snow.

 It was magical. Except for the hordes of people.

 Like so.many.people. I admit that I do look down on people who use their mobile phones (or God forbid, tablets) to take pictures because the quality is quite crappy. OK, so not everyone uses a crappy phone. However, do you honestly think that mobile phones will one day replace cameras fully? If you only view the on 5" or at most 10" screens, sure but try viewing them on 15".

 The magnificent crystal Christmas tree.

 If you can't tell already, Swarovski lent them some bling to give you that shiny effect. As famous and well known as they are, I don't particularly fancy their products because it felt like major ripoff paying so much for crystals.

 Turning the center court into one mini Christmas land, there was a train track running around the perimeter. Mainly for the kids and their equally petite parents. I find it discriminatory that sizes don't cater to people who are taller/bigger than the average Asian. Your dress is my long shirt.

 If you got no kids, what can you do then? Why not some gift lifting shopping? I have finished up about half of my buying list. What would Santa bring me this year? I've been nothing but the epitome of goodness for 2017 👼

Just kidding. What would tg bring me, I wonder 🎁

 These banks are coming up with roadshows for you to spend more but using your points which is also pointless unless you're a big spender. To this day, I still got no credit card of my own.

 Not having a credit card is sometimes a blessing in disguise. For one, you don't feel compelled to spend extravagantly unless you carry a hoard load of cash with you. Like this musical box. Actually, even if I'm filthy rich, why would I spend few hundreds on mechanical running horses? Why not just go ride on a real life horse? Or men. Yee har 🤠

 Christmas tree toppers come in different forms. The most common being angels and stars. Since I didn't have the privilege of setting up Christmas tree at home, it always shocks me to see how much these things cost. You put them up for a month at most then tuck them away for the rest of the year or risk accumulating dust. Yes, the only Christmas decor in my house is a Christmas ribbon on my drawer handle.

 The nutcracker. One of the lest popular fairy tales except during the holiday season.

 She was quite pretty. More so than me, at least :(

 This is as close as they'll let anyone near the tree to avoid any theft. Malaysians, this is why you don't deserve good things.

 Here's wishing you a joyful Jesus' birthday.

Comments