Review: The Curious Goat, D'sara Perdana


No 20-1, Jalan PJU 8/3A
Damansara Perdana
Petaling Jaya
Tel# 03-7733 7383
https://www.facebook.com/thecuriousgoat

Post lunch, it was time for dessert. A quick search on Google brought this place. Isn't it funny how things are never of the top of your head when you need it most? There are so many cafes that have popped up in recent time that it is near impossible to humanly try them all before they close down. Lets be realistic. How long is this coffee drinking fade going to last? Remember Roti Boy? Remember Chatime? Yes, they are both still around but back in their heydays, the  queue stretches to the corridor, next door. I'm giving this cafe culture another year (tops) before we move onto something else.

Also because my pocket is bleeding dry at having to pay exorbitant prices for a cuppa joe.
RM 13 per cup? fts.

One thing you'd notice in the cafes are the minimalistic decor. People are going away with the over-the-top theme, instead opting for clean sleek lines.

Perhaps I haven't patronized that many cafes to make that call. So maybe you'd bring me around then expose me to better cafes? ;)

Initially, I thought this is an offshoot of Frisky Goat but turned out they are totally different goats.
I'd like to try out the frisky one and see if it makes me frisky at the end of it. 

My DSLR had quite a field day.

Sorry but I am just a silly monkey with a camera.

couzzie is starting to get annoyed with my photo taking before our meals =(
It isn't just to hone my photography skill. On nights such as this, it serves as a reminder of the good times, meals I had.

It is a pity that jl can't quite take coffee without staying up awake at night. It doesn't matter if she drank it in the evening, afternoon or even morning.
If only my caffeine effect would stay for at least 3hours, that'll be great.

Instagram-worthy shot? It puzzles me as to why people want to have so many social media accounts.
Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter. Don't they all serve pretty much the same thing?
Attention whoring one way or another.

That coming from a blogger, yes, I admit that is rather hypocritical but really, it's for the money (which ain't really happening, fml). So, please do click on the banner ads.

Salted caramel cheese cake.

For something called cheese cake, it was surprisingly un-cheesy as compared to its namesake. Make no mistake, there is that cheese flavor but it is light on the palette. The saltiness isn't that prominent either as it's only on the top layer with a surprise chocolate in the middle. A good cake overall.


Chocolate mille crepe with vanilla ice cream.

Do you know how tedious making this cake is? Worse still, do you know how much of cream goes into making it? If someone makes you this, remember to ask them if they appreciate/love you that much or just want you to die faster.

This cake was sweeter than the other. I'd prefer if they used a less sweet, more bitter (dark) chocolate instead. But true to mille crepe cake, it is just saccharine sweet. Between this and the cheese cake, I'd take the cheese cake as but the mille crepe was quite perfect with the bitter coffee for the bitter me.

Voted as one of the best latte arts (not this specifically), the barrista certainly took his time to prepare our coffee. I suppose the art is one of the things you are paying for? If that is the case, I'd rather pay less for a plain cup of coffee.

mel's was a cute chillax cat which was apt for her nickname.

Mine was a cross between a bear and a girl wearing a hoodie. At certain angles, frog too.
Taste wise, it was just all right. Nothing mind blowing like Brewyard.

The place does have a good ambiance for catch-ups or to impress your date.

Service was good albeit slow. Crowd was your typical hipsters.
Oh wait, that means me too....

Comments