An Indian Affair


This is probably my 3rd Indian wedding to date. Not my wedding but was invited to.
In stark contrast to the Chinese wedding, the Indian weddings usually:
  • Don't involve alcohol unless BYOB
  • Buffet style unless you're at the VIP tables and the food is served buffet style at your table. Otherwise, queue up like the rest of the peasants at the buffet line which can get really long. 
  • No toasting. Or maybe they do but I don't understand Tamil/Hindi/etc 
  • No costume change. It's the same saree for the entire night 
One thing in common though:
the waiting
Just when I thought we were late for arriving at 8pm, the hall was half filled. Dinner only started close to 9pm.
The VVVVVVVIP table. I was tasked with getting wrapping paper and a gift card to share for a gift that I didn't pay for =") There was a Congratulations card. It was quite nice, except on the inside it said:
Well done! 
Maybe that's my sort of wedding card for when I get married.

 Goodie bag. 

The goodie bag wasn't sufficient to keep us satiated before dinner. I pity the Malays who are fasting.

An Indian sweet. Chewy, sticky and nutty.

Payasam. It had a rather strong taste of ... a spice. Sorry, I don't cook using spices much :(

Puffy shoes. The last time I saw her, she also had puffy shoes but with a bear.
For some reason, my memory has been working rather diligently of late. It can recall most of the things, associate one to another. Sadly enough, my body has depended too much on PMS/hormones to tell when my period's due because I can't recall when for the life of me.

While it's great that they had performances throughout the nice (singing and dancing minus the trees and rains), the music was a little too loud for any proper conversation which was a waste since it was like a mini reunion for us ex colleagues.

Comments