Review: Hui Lau Shan, Tropicana City Mall

 Lot G-PPK2b, Ground Floor,
Tropicana City Mall,
No.3, Jalan SS 20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03- 7733 6145
https://www.facebook.com/huilaushanmalaysia

In recent years, a number of dessert shops have popped up to provide a safer hangout joint albeit pricier. You don't want to be rammed down when sitting by the side of the road. Or mugged by a group of motorcyclists.  Somehow, eating out in Malaysia is sometimes a quest of survival in ways more than one. 

 After lunch, there was still enough time to bum before it was time for them to make the journey back up north so we headed here for dessert. Truth be told, I was rather full and post lunch fatigue was setting in. Still, to appease them, I battled my need for speed sleep and forgo my caffeine need desire. Nothing here was remotely caffeinated. fml. 

 It may come as a surprise but in real life, I don't have much to talk about. My sad attempts at small talks had been shot down on occasions that it's a wonder I try anymore. Thus, this dessert turned out to be a somewhat quiet. Almost uncomfortable. Thank God for my sleepiness that there wasn't any awkwardness on my part. Lol.


Mango pudding with mini fruit tarts.

 The food took a very long time to arrive that few other tables left before us as they couldn't wait anymore. That would have been our cue but we were probably just in a walking food comatose that we couldn't be arse to find for a new place. What the wait worth it? Well, only if you like mangoes. I don't really.

 Coconut ice cream mixed fruit combo. Very refreshing on hot days like today.

My hot longan and white fungus dessert. It turned out a bit too sweet but there were loads of longan inside.

Comments