Review: Swich Cafe

 Publika Shopping Gallery
Atria Shopping Gallery
54 Jalan SS21/58, Damansara Utama
Tel#0127773247 / 03 62018221 / 0175777631

Tasked with the honor of getting a cake for the office birthday celebration, a sudden change of date threw me off guard. Instead of Thursday, we had to bring forward the cake cutting to today since tomorrow is the first day of fasting. And this was only mentioned on Monday so it didn't give me much time. Made a few quick calls; most of which either went unanswered or didn't quite help.

The thing about working in IT is you're bound to do everything online. And that included scouring for the best cakes in town. I had a few candidates in mind but ultimately, Swich won because:
  • Their prices were displayed on their website 
  • They have a shop that's not far from home
  • They actually responded to my Facebook message in a timely manner (gasp)

But, if there is one thing that really tops the experience, it was how they were willing to accommodate to my requests including preferences and most importantly: budget. Giving suggestions and listening to my constraints, they finally suggested this cake...

 Valrhona Chocolate cake with Valrhona ganache .
They offered a sponge cake but I felt a sponge cake may not have that omph factor and wanted something more dense. Unfortunately, I forgot that for the previous birthday celebration, I got them a chocolate cake as well from Le Trianon =_="" Thankfully, they liked this cake too but I've had to smile sheepishly each time asked, "you really like chocolate cake huh?".

 Given the choice, I'd ordered the salted caramel but couldn't as my budget wouldn't allow it.
For a (rather) complete list of their cakes, head over here. Just disregard the prices. They are few years old and pre-GST era.

As their Uptown branch had to close early, they offered for me to pick it up from Atria instead. There were slight hiccup during the payment but thankfully, they honored their word and I got my cake well within my budget =D

The cake was quite worth the mad rush and negotiations. Having not heard of Valrhona until yesterday, this is definitely worth getting fat for. Some may find it tad bit sweet but I find that's how chocolate cake is. At least it didn't border on being buttery fat which I find rather off-putting. One thing I'd recommend is to let the cake sit at room temperature for awhile so that it warms up if you put it in the fridge before that.

Comments