How to: Cook Cabbage Left over chicken soup

I should rename my "How To" cooking series to "Why I should give up the idea of stepping into the kitchen to make food except if it's to reheat using the microwave". Maybe in due time. For today, let me serve as an inspiration for you. Not for cooking but to have proper time management. Also, it is best when your brain and stomach are in sync.

Some cabbage leftover from no doubt, another failed cooking project, chopped up and set aside while equally chopped up chicken meat left to marinade in my tears.
Just kidding, I can't cry that much. It's just a medley of oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, Chinese cooking wine and sesame oil.

Fry up the garlic on low heat. They tend to brown rather quickly as compared to shallots/onions so be sure to do it on slow heat and flip them around. Overcooked, or worse still, browned garlic is not very pleasant. Add the meat next. Now, you can turn the heat up and ask the chick out for a date.

I mean, cook the meat until it's no longer pinkish on the outside. One reason why my meat is usually chopped into bite pieces because they are easier to cook all around without (much) risk of salmonella poisoning. Though when it comes to my cooking, anything that comes out is bound to be a risk.

For the oddest of reason, my brain got this brilliant idea midway thru cooking a supposed dry dish of stir fry cabbage and chicken into a soup. There was the leftover chicken stock sitting in my freezer. Problem was, it was still sitting in my freezer even before I started prepping so yea, it ended up looking like some stonehenge in my wok =.="

Although it took awhile for the entire slab to literally melt down, the end product was quite nice.  Not giving myself too much credit there; but yea. Simple but hits the right notes home.

Comments