Review: Brewyard Coffee, Subang SS15


42, SS15/4,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel# 014-669 9319
https://www.facebook.com/brewyardcoffeemy

After a hearty lunch, we decided to head elsewhere for coffee. Given that Subang SS15 has few main streets where the coffee joints are concentrated, it is still somewhat surprising that we managed to lose our way around. Not that it was a bad thing because we could use some exercise after stuffing ourselves silly at lunch.

Since one didn't quite like Cosan which was quite packed, we opted for this shop which looked decent enough.

This may be long coming but:
My name is Amy. I am a coffee addict. 
It isn't that a morning/noon/night/day without coffee makes me all jittery (actually, that's what coffee makes me) but there is just a longing feeling for that buzz which makes me uneasy. That is when I came to realize that I could potentially be a coffee junkie. Things escalated over a weekend when there was no good cheap coffee I was willing to part my diminishing money for that I bought instant coffee to make at home. So much so that in the span of less than 3hours, 3cups were finished. Just like that. Obviously that night posed some problems to falling asleep. fml.

The place was really packed with college kids and it wouldn't be far fetched to say that we were the oldest in the crowd. Everyone seemed to be still too well dressed to be earning their own dough and sipping on (overpriced) coffee. They just don't seem to beat up by the world (yet).

A rather dazzling array of cakes. Desserts is something I look forward to these days after every meal (when I have one). It doesn't matter what as long as it is sweet. Obviously, it doesn't bode well for my diet but fts. My sweet tooth gives no rat's ass. It would be great if it did but my body will just make a mental note during my exercise routine, of which the notes just get thrown away after each meal. fml.

I have pretty much given up on tea due to my low tolerance for them of late. Or perhaps it's just a cover line for my escalating obsession with coffee. This wasn't my drink but it had a strong whiff of lemongrass.

Iced Americano. I am proud to say that though I may not be able to distinguish the difference between a cappuccino and macchiato or latte and piccolo latte, Americano is something that I would never mistaken.
Actually, if you cannot tell it's an Americano aka black coffee aka coffee without milk, you are certainly amazing. Have a condom the next time you have sex. 

Thus, this is just another cup of coffee to me =D Just not my cup.

My cup. But I still can't recall what coffee =D However, the one thing that truly left an impression was how smooth it was. None of that bitter aftertaste in the mouth. If anything, it goes down the throat so smooth that it was unlike any I've had before and I daresay that it was the best coffee I've had by far. Even beating the local ah cheong kopitiam coffee. Quite worth the RM10++ per cup.

Nutella chocolate brownie with ice cream RM 12.
To be honest, cakes these days cost almost an arm and limb. If you take into the actual production cost, their profit margin is easily 80%. As such, it is ridiculous for me to justify paying more than RM 10 for a measly slice of cake. Not even if there is gold flake. Seriously, what good will it do to consume gold?

Thus, although this brownie wasn't all that bad, I still felt slightly short changed. RM 12 for this!?
Never been a fan of Nutella, this brownie wasn't too concentrated on either the Nutella or chocolate. Except it was a bit dry. The girls were somewhat shocked to see that I was looking forward to dessert while their lunch was just settling in.

There's always room for dessert. It is as though my stomach has a dedicated space for it.

Chocolate chips, raisins and cranberry scones RM 8.
Scones is something that baffles me. It is like a cross between a bread and cookie. Not soft enough to be the former, not hard enough to qualify as the latter. What gives? Thus, it is just something that I don't get generally. This is no exception either. I found it a little dry though the jam did help a bit. However, it appears that I may have been eating bad scones because this wasn't a very good one according to the girls =\

Overall, Brewyard is certainly a place to go to for good coffee. If only it was nearer =(

Comments