Thing I Learnt - 28 June


Undecided between McDonald's and Burger King, the latter won due to the fact it was harder to get. Since I was already in the mall and there's always the McD drive-thru, I decided to try their new BK Star Meals. Touting 4-in-1 items, that's got to be value for money. Plus my main craving was for fries and they certainly do have that.

My last visit to BK was in Cyberjaya during Raya and it was such a bad experience that I vowed to never step foot in there again. I'd think that One Utama would be better even though my last visit to KFC in the same mall made me regret wasting my precious calories on dry fried chicken. Still, that's not an excuse not to give the place a chance.

My lunch was their BK singles BBQ grilled onion beef burger. Since I really wanted to have fries, I opted for the upgrade. Total came up to RM 9.50 inclusive of taxes, GST and my contribution to some dodgy politicians' already-swelled up coffers. Not too bad... or so I thought.

 Apparently, the upgrade meant cheesy wedges instead of fries T_T I wept on the inside a bit but at least I got a tall drink. The wedges weren't bad and cheese was certainly finger licking good. It's just that I was really looking forward to some good ol' fashioned unhealthy, oily and salty fries.... The corn turned out to be quite the winner. Sweet and juicy, maybe I'll buy them next time at the night market.

 If anything, my entire set meal looked like some kid's large meal. McDonald's would have been able to feed me better at the same price. Or at least not look so sad.

The one saving point of the burger was their BBQ sauce which was great in complimenting the otherwise sad onion and sad excuse of a beef patty. It is quite hard to tell which is sadder: the burger with its bun bigger than the patty or me for paying for them. Undeterred, the meal was enjoyable if you don't put too much of thought into it.

Managed to catch up on my Duolingo and read an inspiring article from Monica Lewinsky. As someone whose life was blown out to proportion and not knowing who may have known but all along to realize that there are people around you looking at you like some walking car wreck, she may not be the best of role model and she is remorseful of her choices that catapulted her into the limelight. At the end of the day, it is not about how far you fall down.

But how do you pick yourself up after that.

Comments