Review: Big Nose, Puchong Jaya


Jalan Cenuk 2,
Bandar Puchong Jaya

To be honest, I am not quite sure if this place is still around because this visit took place in Feb 2015 and the manager informed us that they may be closing down this branch as it wasn't doing so well which was very surprising as the place was packed to the brim. Luckily, they do have another branch in Kuchai Lama but I can't vouch for that as I've only been to the one in Puchong.

One of my biggest pet peeve with Chinese restaurants is their lack of menu that I can read. So, it is nice that they provided the menu in both Chinese and English. And of course, the prices ;D

With GST kicked in in full force beginning April 2015, the prices shown here are probably no longer applicable. But it's a good gauge.

Double boiled village chicken with Chinese herbs: RM 9
Very oily. Sort of defeats the whole healthy aspect of it. Still yummy though or maybe that's just my love of soups in general talking out loud.

Double boiled pork ribs with black beans & black dates: RM 7.50
First time trying this upon my mother's recommendation, it turned out to be less herbal than I'd want it but still a hearty soup. Who knew black beans can be homely?

Fried rice: RM 10
A dish that my father never fails to order whenever we dine here, it's not difficult to see why with its dry texture. Usually, fried rice has that almost soggy texture but here, they fried it until you can taste each grain.

Braised pork leg: RM 32
Not much of meat but the bones are awesome to suck on. Lots of collagen too to plump up your face.

Deep fried bean curd with minced meat and salted fish: RM10
A tad bit salty on its own, perfect with plain rice.

Comments