Review: Burger Bakar Kaw Kaw, Quill City Mall KL


Level 4, Quill City Mall
No 1018, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250, Kuala Lumpur
http://www.burgerbakar.com/

I've heard of this homegrown brand for awhile and had been wanting to try it but never had the chance as most of its branches are too far away for me. Thus, when I spotted their bunting in this mall, I knew at that instant that was what my lunch would be. Earlier, I was raking my head on what to eat =| The bunting was (literally) a sign. If not, it would have been Korean food.

The place is relatively small. There are few tables and chairs but definitely not suited for big groups, gatherings. Very appropriate for foreveralone dining or maybe dating. But I wouldn't suggest coming here, not for your first date anyway. There is just no way to eat a burger in a way that will not repulse your date. If there is, your burger is probably not so juicy and delicious.

Beef baconizer RM 19.50: You can either order as ala-carte or as set (medium/large). Click on the picture before for the full menu. My medium beef set is certainly on the pricey side but you do get a rather sizable serving of chunky fries that's been seasoned with some spices instead of just salt. It makes the fries less salty (duh) but I kind of like my fries to be more sodium laden :P Made to order, the fries were nice and crispy without tasting too oily.

Understanding their customer well, they give you the option to cut the burger so that it is easier to eat. I guess you could  do the honors yourself or just eat it as a whole (golly, what big mouth and hand you must have). It's a great thing they asked because the burger was rather huge and it would have been a mess for me. Actually, even in half, it ended up being slightly messy in my hands. Not that I mind/care with a burger this good. Some things are worth ending up messy for.

No further pictures of the burger from this point on because both my hands were too dirty to touch my camera. The juice from the beef patty and mayo were starting to dribble down my fingers. While pork bacon is the bacon, the beef bacon is a close contender especially when they use the fatty version with melted cheese on top. Sadly, the lettuce wasn't all that fresh which would have been a good contrast with the raw onion to the meat. The bun was also good. Not the soft type but had a good body to it. Doesn't make sense? Go try it for yourself =D

Obviously, this is on the pricey side but it is heaps, tonnes, truckloads better than Johnny Rockets.

Comments