death by chocolate

Did you know there is a chocolate museum in Selangor? I didn't until my colleague told me about it. The irony that an Indian expat discovered a tourist attraction at my backyard. Well, this is quite literally my backyard since it is in Kota Damansara. He brought his family there during the school holidays. Perhaps it is my indifference towards chocolate that I didn't realize such a thing existed.

My only reason to be acquainted with chocolate is while doing grocery shopping. I'd browse through the chocolate aisle to spot for any new/uncommon chocolate for a guy. I'd get one that I think/hope that he'd like. But he would be quite indifferent towards my gesture despite being a chocolate fan/lover. Maybe my chocolate wasn't good enough to please him. Or more likely that I just am not good enough for him. The funny things that you'd do in (vain) hopes of making someone happy. 

Growing up, chocolate wasn't that big a deal for me. Never one of those kids who'd go crazy over them sweets. Sure, I do like my dessert and sweet stuff but I wouldn't throw a tantrum if I didn't get any. Perhaps it is because my childhood was quite deprived that not having chocolate wasn't on top of my want list. Plus my mother was always going how chocolate makes you fat, thus I steered clear of it. Yes, my dearest mother got me started early that it's a wonder I didn't turn anorexic or bulimic. Actually, I was throwing up after dinners for awhile but it never lasted beyond a week continuously. Still grew up to be fat. fml. Imagine if I wasn't puking away *shudders*

I don't particularly like mango so this was a weird  combination for me. Still, when you are hungry, anything goes. The fruit flavor wasn't very strong but as again, when you don't like something, you'll be able to tell straightaway that it is there.

 Cookies are another thing that I don't take much of ordinarily except during the festive seasons. Never knew the proper name for this cookie was Almond London. They were always known to me as the peanut cookie with chocolate coating.

 They may look like some giant roach eggs but are actually more pleasant, delectable even in real life. So much so that I couldn't help but to try a few myself.

They turned out to be surprisingly good. But then again, coming from someone who doesn't eat much of cookies, it could be just my untrained palate speaking there. The chocolate wasn't overly sweet, complimenting the cookie well. The surprise almond in the middle gives it a nice texture and bite. Certainly the sort of thing that makes you forget how many you've popped until it's too late and start to cry in vain for sweating out in vain.

Comments