Review: The Bee Cafe, Jaya One

F-85.G.1 (K-2A-G) Palm Square, Jaya One
72A Jalan Universiti,
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: (603) 7960 2160
http://thebee.com.my/

After resigning from my last PJ job, this is a neighborhood I rarely step into unless it's during the weekend or meeting up with friends for dinner. Otherwise, PJ SS13, 14 and its surrounding areas are a big no-no on weekdays. Traffic can be horrendous especially during lunch time and after office hour.

 We met up here since one was working during the weekend.

 I don't know if this promotion is still on now that GST has kicked in. I would like to say that food prices have gone up but that's not my call because I either am not eating or paying for what I eat. Not to forget, I don't quite recall how much it cost pre-GST. No wonder my money is always insufficient eh?

 The place was rather quite for the weekend. Or perhaps the crowd has matured that we no longer need to be boisterous.

 Lemongrass citron press RM 12: Not my order but experience has taught me that outside of Thai savory cuisine, lemongrass doesn't have a place in the dining/drinking world. Its strong aroma just doesn't bode well with my tongue. That's just my take. Please don't burn my house down. You'll be killing a lot of other people as well along the way.

 Chamomile tea RM 9: economical order without appearing to be a scrooge. Why? Free refills, that's what. It was a rather mild blend, perfect for the night.

Tex Mex salad RM 22: Essentially a grilled beef salad with a touch of Mexico, the greens were fresh and crunchy tacos. The dressing was on the sweet side, a good departure from the usual boring Caesar salad. Feels less fattening too.

Comments