A Good Good Friday

I love Fridays not just because it's the day before the weekend. Actually, sometimes, I abhor Friday because it is the day before the weekend as it meant there's no work to distract me. Friday is just one of the many love-hate relationships that exist in my book.

Last Friday was more special. Not because it was Good Friday (actually, why would you be happy about your savior being killed for you?) but it was good news one after another. My Fridays meant going out for lunch as throughout the week, I either skip lunch or stay in the office to save money. Thus, on Fridays, it's all out.

The food court in Dengkil is my favorite Friday haunt as getting here takes awhile and sometimes, the place is crowded that parking can be quite troublesome. But, that's where being the only other female in the team helps =D The economy rice stall here offers quite a great variety though it's almost always the same dishes; just that I don't eat here often enough to try them all. The quality is good for a weekday lunch fare and prices are reasonable, if not downright cheap.

My plate of steamed tofu, stir fried spinach and vegetarian sweet roast pork only costs RM 4.50 including a glass of iced tea. No where can you get such a deal within Cyberjaya itself. Did I also mention that they have pork dishes and they all tastes delicious?

After a week of starving, I start my pampering weekend by getting more food, usually in the form of Chinese crullers. To make it slightly healthy, there is also a cucumber, star fruit and lemon juice finished off with a slice of pineapple. The former was about RM 2.40 while the fruits set me back by RM 5. The best was when I spotted a very familiar but foreign bottle of water on a fellow colleague's table while waiting for him to finish up before lunch.
oh my, what have you got here?
do you want it? 
wow, where did you get it from??? I don't think you can get it locally o.O
HR gave it to me. take it if you want it. 
And with that, I shameless took a bottle of vitaminwater from his table =D  First encounter was back in Sydney then Singapore but never on local shores. The irony when I read its label and found that it was actually made in Malaysia.

My Friday ended with a vegetarian dinner at Chelo's and I managed to snap some decent pictures with my camera. Somehow, my Good Friday vegetarian obligation was fulfilled without so much of a planning despite my Lent fasting effort  didn't quite go as planned. There were few other good news but the best has to be realizing how easily and fast someone can ignore you that it is very amusing to see how they pretend not to see you though your eyes met. I thank my lucky stars that their (true) intentions shone through and saved me the effort of waddling through their web of lies and mask of deceit.

Comments