the spirit of giving

Personally, I am more of a taker than giver. Greedy and selfish. All out for myself. But in this day and age, who isn't? Some do it quite meticulously that you don't even know. Some do it on the pretense of helping out, for others' well being but really, it's their own purpose that they are serving. Only you have your own best interest in mind. Everyone else, despite what they may claim, don't. At the end of the day, when they are forced to choose between you and them, do you honestly they'd save you over them? Even unconditional love is a scarcity, if such a thing exists in the first place.

These were taken during the food truck fiesta. I know, I know, 4months overdue. At least my period is not that late.

Hopefully, there will be an opportunity to spend a white Christmas in all its glorious snow white splendor once in my lifetime. Initial plan was to bunk with my sister's in-laws in London but that seems as likely as me getting married (at all).

After reading this article on how to live a (relatively) frustration free life, it dawned on me that it all boils down to one words:
expectations
When you have no expectation whatsoever, nothing can faze, annoy, frustrate, piss, anger you. Of course, that is easier said than done. Take for example, recently, my love social life picked an interesting route. So interesting that it truly deserves a post of its own but it is safe to say that despite all the obvious signs, things aren't quite what it seems.

One of these predictions are coming true. Can you predict which?
But it really doesn't matter if they don't. The fact that it may gave me a glimmer of hope regardless of how long or short that was.

Like love. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comments