Review: Ha Yi, PJ South


Let me be frank. I don't really know the name of this place but it is evidently stall #18 of some food court located near some low cost flat in the vicinity of PJ South. This is what you get when you take me out of my comfort zone. Located near 1120 Park Avenue, we popped by here for a light tea time since it was too early for dinner. Ha Yi is what I was informed of its name but either Google ain't giving me loving like all my crushes or the lack of food has impaired my Googling skill severely.

It is those typical tong sui stalls with economy noodles offering. They serve quite a variety of tea time snacks which you can easily double up as a proper meal.

Taro cake done in two ways: Pan fried and steamed.
You can just as easily find these in dim sum joints but for someone who doesn't like this version of cake in the first place, I gave this a miss. My company recommends this though. Maybe I am missing out on something here just like all my unrequited loves.

My dinner for the day: chee cheong fun in curry (water) with an assortment of fried stuff.
The noodles were smooth and light, perfect with the curry which was spicy but not in the sweat inducing manner. The generous sprinkling of sesame seeds was a nice touch. For protein, I had the deep fried wantan (huge is an apt adjective) which was very crunchy, bean curd skin that soaked up the curry to give it a good taste and fried fish cake. It was all very satisfying.

They do have quite a variety of dessert soup available e.g. red bean, sea coconut but this was my pick: barley with fu chuk. Not a particularly small bowl, it had the right consistency without being too sweet.

Comments