One day in: Quill City Mall

Seems like I am going to do a tour of the malls in Klang Valley but really, it is just to fill up the space here. My previous boundary was Midvalley as it's located on the fringe of KL and any further it'll leave me at the mercy of Waze and Maxis's spotty coverage. Thus, it came as a surprise when I decided to head over to one of the latest mall in the country, smack in downtown: Quill City Mall.

It just my spur of the moment for the weekend that was brought on during the launching of a new office where the MC introduced the next speaker as Malaysia's most famous landlord. With at least 3buildings in Cyberjaya alone under their wings, Dato Michael Ong certainly deserves that title.

Opened not too long ago, parking wasn't too much of a hassle though I arrived quite early for the weekend. It was also cheap at RM 3 per entry but weekday charges go by the hour. This time around, my visit spanned about 5hours 40minutes. It is a relatively long time to be in a mall where at least 30% of the shops are still not opened even including lunch. If not because of a last minute dinner invitation, I probably would have left sooner.

One thing that I don't like about this mall is its mobile signal. Or the total lack thereof. Once you are at the supermarket floor (LG and that's AEON), you get close to zero reception. For sure, data was totally inaccessible that I had to go to the ground floor, exit the mall and start replying to my Whatsapp =_= Obviously, the underground parking meant no coverage at all. This is speaking for Maxis network. Maybe the yellow man can still follow you down there. Hopefully, this is just a temporary setback and they'll work to get the telco signals up as it can get rather dangerous but they do have guards around the parking.

It was such a lovely sunny afternoon that I felt happy despite sunny weather not being my favorite one. This street looked rather desolate, atypical of KL but only because this is the back street. I managed to find my way here without losing my way or temper, thanks to Waze but on the way to dinner, it threw me off the track as there was some unplanned road block near Carcosa.

Possibly my maiden drive to KL for 2015, I found that:
  • KL itself is like a CBD that's similar to Sydney and Singapore 
  • KL allows you the ability to walk from one spot to another without having to drive. Whether you end up sweating, stinky, mugged or possibly rammed down is another matter altogether 
  • PJ has none of the above. In order to get from one area to another, you need wheels. There is the PJ Old Town but that as its name suggests, is old. 
  • KL roads are ruled by motorcyclist. They can ride in the middle of the road, hog the entire road with their (unplanned) convoy and you have to stick behind them. Maybe this is only true for the roads surrounding Sogo where I was. 
Would I drive down again to KL? I'd avoid it if I could.

Green tea ice cream which honestly, looked to me like bad shit. Literally bad shit. Yes, I had bad shit before though not in the same hue but similar texture to this. Can't recall which shop this was though.

To waste my last hour there before heading for dinner, I browsed the supermarket aisles. Maybe it has been awhile but since when do they have this variety of pasta sauce? Rendang? Curry? Tom yam?!?!? I'd stick to my boring aglio olio or even mushroom cream as someone pointed out this doesn't taste that good.


People keep telling me that I am skinny, not fat, need to eat more, nothing left to lose. This is why all that is utterly untrue. I look like I am 3months pregnant, if not four. Thus, could you imagine how big my tummy would be, have I not go on diet and exercise regularly? *shivers*

Luckily, I camouflage my fat well =D Thus remember, if a woman can make her breasts appear larger, she can most certainly make her body appear thinner.

Comments