Review: The Hungry Hog, Subang SS15

Subang SS15
Tel#012-2250877
One of the forerunners in the pork dining scene, it is a little sad that these guys are now having issues getting their license up at their new place. Hopefully things look up for them soon enough.

I was here with the girls for a little lunch get-together. Way back before they even started shifting. To be precise, last year.

That's the boss. It's funny because he's a friend of a friend. His name is the same as another girl friend and yes, it sounded feminine. No, I don't know if he's still single and available.

Located almost in the heart of Subang SS15, it's easy to see their main clientele are teenagers or college kids who have (daddy/mommy's) cash to burn.

Things here aren't exactly cheap.

Or maybe my college days were really sad that these seem luxurious.
Actually, they are luxurious even by my standard today. fml.

Ribena soda RM 5.90: Sweet thirst quencher.

Mash potato RM 6.90: not a very decadent version which is great if you don't want to be overwhelmed. I don't know but I do prefer mine to have a knob more of butter. And maybe milk. Oh cream cheese. The caramelized onion makes up for the lack of those but yea, I still prefer a more traditional version of it.

Spaghetti meatballs RM 16.90: Portion was quite big. The pasta was cooked al dente. Don't underestimate the balls. These were jam packed with porky goodness.

Siew yuk or roast pork rice RM 12.90: Eating an (almost) Western version of a Chinese dish in a Western restaurant is quite perplexing. So just stick to their non-Asian variety. It isn't bad per say but for the money that you are paying, you're better off with other choices. 
I originally suggested Meng Kee but since almost none of us are familiar with Shah Alam (nvm we all have smart phones with Waze), we decided on a safer option of Subang.  That also, some managed to lose their way and not find this restaurant. So much for technology.

The full English: Breakfast but this is perfect anytime of the day. Especially the sausages. OMG the sausages. I love gourmet sausages but the ones I could afford are usually scumbags, assholes the frozen, made from leftover meat cuts, sometimes indistinguishable.
Whenever people ask me why German of all the languages in the world that I could pick up, my answer of "because I lover German sausages" never failed to return me awkward expressions. It makes for a better reason that the fact it was because someone asked if I wanted to join him in learning it. Oh yes, it's free.

Porky chops RM 20.90:  Sweet gravy with the same mash potato (carb overload). Juicy chops, well marinated. This was one of the better dishes, unsurprisingly their call to fame too. If you are either a big eater or was there on an empty stomach post workout like me, it'll suffice. Otherwise, may want to share it.

Lemongrass pork RM 17.90: A Thai inspired dish that was surprisingly good.

Maybe because the flavors are lighter courtesy of the salad, it was in stark contrast to the richness of the potato which we had difficulty finishing. The fresh julienned carrot and cucumber also helped to make this more appetizing.

Comments

Mark Ng said…
Hey there, I was wondering on where did you manage to learn German at? Thanks!
aMy said…
hello, i'm learning it using an app called Duolingo.