Review: HK Kitchen, Paradigm Mall


Paradigm Mall LG 11 -12,
Jalan SS7/26A
Petaling Jaya
Tel# +60 3-7496 6398
https://www.facebook.com/HK.Kitchen.TCM?fref=nf

Wanting to try a new place, I found their menu of simple Chinese food to be quite interesting so why not? Only concern was the customers. Or lack of. People are of the opinion that if the place isn't bustling with customers, it must be no good. It is true to a certain extent but I am also a staunch believer in trying it for myself before passing on any judgement, especially negative ones.

The place is relatively small but has quite a number of (small) tables to accommodate more patrons. Is this how eating out in Hong Kong feels like? My last trip there was very long ago. Before puberty hit. After that, going on holidays was a pain because my period would (literally) cramp my style.

For a Chinese restaurant, the place was run by Pinoys. But then again, the same is true of most of the F&B establishments in Malaysia. They can speak proper English and are better employees as compared to the locals. This is not solely my opinion but of a fellow hiring manager. If you relocated to a different country, across the oceans, away from your family and familiar setting, I am sure you'd want to make it worth the sacrifice and not screw it up.

Perhaps we have this sense of entitlement so deep rooted in ourselves that we feel it is our God given right to be employed. I would just like to point out to everyone who thinks that they are deserving of that big fat bonus, a bigger paycheck and a lesser workload:
nothing of value comes without effort 
As to what defines effort, that varies from individual to individual, from company to company, from bosses to bosses. 

Old school metal cups. I don't think I ever really used them while growing up but they would have been really handy in my household, given the number of cups that have suffered from my butter fingers. The most epic was when I put a ceramic mug with few heaps of Milo powder into the microwave, along with the metal spoon.

It was in the morning while getting ready for school. Thankfully, the only casualty was the broken mug and some wasted Milo. It certainly woke me up. 

Spicy noodle with deep fried chicken. Both of these came as a set sans drink. Think it was around RM 15. Portion was relatively big.
Don't underestimate the soup like I did. Despite its somewhat clarity, the soup certainly packs a punch. It was rather spicy for Chinese food, almost akin to Korean instant noodles and those are certainly sweat inducing. The noodles were sprightly, not soggy at all.

The deep fried chicken is almost like the Japanese version, only not as healthy as it was slightly oily but still tad bit dry on the inside. Also, it wasn't a very big piece of meat or they may have refried it until it shrunk. Texture was crunchy on the outside, slightly tough inside. And dry.

Comments