Monday the 13th

My day started off particularly early. 5.40am to be precise. It could very well be old age catching up but really, my bladder was full. Things just started to roll then. I never gave much thought to it until upon reaching the office to discover that today was the eponymous 13th day of April. Thus, it officially began:
  • I was running a one man show at work as my team mate was off sick 
  • A quiet lunch plan was ruined since the pantry was booked for another function 
  • A quick lunch plan was ruined because the place we went to was understaffed that it took my order exactly one hour to arrive 
  • My coffee addiction grew me guts but in all the wrong places when it made me drink espresso before my shift ended while dressed in a white dress, causing my tummy to revolt within 15minutes 
  • Got ticked off for taking over someone's turn at the air pump (I didn't realize asking your son to stand and fiddle with the pump counted as using it) 
  • Met up with a friend for dinner and tummy acted up. Again. 
  • Stepped on some mud (and God forbid whatever else since it was dark and I can't see shit , hopefully not in the literal sense) on the way to my car. 

But, at the end of it as I sit on my bed typing this now,  my heart is brimming with happiness. Not the sort with cotton candies, rainbows and chirping birds. Blessed, you may call it. My day hasn't been the bestI'd  yet it made me feel..... happy. Because in every cloud, there is a silver lining:
  • I managed to sort off most of the work. The workload was surprisingly bearable.
  • Lunch was a nice catch up with the dept and we had good laughs. Food was not too bad. Definitely better than what I planned to have. 
  • Coffee got me literally shitting all the food I've been gorging on. Be gone, water retention. 
  • Initially annoyed, it amused me to find the lengths people would go to. Also made me somewhat popular on Facebook :D 
  • There was a clean toilet nearby. With toilet paper! And we had a good dinner after that ^_^ 
  • At least I hadn't shower since I came direct from work. 
I'd like to think that this is one step towards being positive and be happy.

Comments