HungryGoWhere MY is one (plus)


When I heard over the radio that they are going to have a food truck fiesta, I was very excited. Imagine not having to run all over town to hunt these trucks down. All under one roof. Or sky.
This was when food trucks first exploded into the scene, so yea, my excitement could hardly be contained.

Maybe it is the notion of trying out many different food that psyched me up.
Or food. Just food alone is enough to keep me going. Actually, food is what keeps anyone going. It's just that sometimes I get so excited thinking about the breakfast/lunch that I would be having the next day that it gets challenging to fall asleep. True story.

 When HungryGoWhere first burst into the scene, it had OpenRice to compete with. I prefer the former as its articles are better articulated while the latter can be quite simple and straightforward. OpenRice updates quite regularly but some are fakes i.e. it just brings you to a search page instead of an actual article. That's cheating. 

RedFM was also on site to cover the event. My crushes have always been the cute, fair, clean shaven (better still, no facial hair at all), tall, lanky Chinese guy. If you have any that fits the description, please hook me up!

Big Hug Burger was easily the most popular truck for the day. Is it the charm of the big bear standing guard to attract screaming teenage girls? Makes me jealous because at my age, McD is already considered a luxury.

Since they already have a cafe in Subang SS15, I gave this a pass.

It does seem that pasta was the order of the day. SpagMe serves up pasta couple with chicken chop and other meat. The food looked rather ordinary so again, no go.

The Boys Food's menu didn't have anything that stood out so again, we moved to the next truck.


Foodies On Wheels also offers pasta but theirs is one of the cheaper ones. The man running the show looked like a very weathered uncle that I felt bad if I were to patronize them, giving him more work.

Everyone is jumping on the whole healthy juice bandwagon. Oh My Juice attempts to fill that niche in the food truck market. Win or fail? Lets just say that after paying RM 3 for a cup of fruit juice consisting of three types of fruits of your own picking, Boost Juice is like a luxury to me.


Wanting something filling after my exercise, I decided on Koods Pizza. Having not heard of them before, it was really a gamble.

How did they fare?

They ran out of thin crust so I had to be content with the fat thick normal crust. Although we weren't exactly late, most of the trucks had sold out some items on their menu. Hence, this boring Hawaiian chicken. At least they were generous with the cheese but not so much the meat. Any pizza that is freshly made and straight out of the oven is guaranteed to bring joy.


Otea can certainly give Chatime a run for its money. I used to go crazy for these Taiwanese pearl milk tea. When Chatime first landed on Malaysian shores, people would queue up and sometimes, I joined in too. Fast forward few years and while the queue is still there, the customer have more choices too.

Otea's price range is almost on par with Chatime but I find Otea's menu to be more diverse. Or it has more of the stuff that I like. Chatime's new menu is just too odd for me to try. Mine was the normal sans milk tea with basil seed. Not too sweet, very refreshing.

La Famiglia certainly has that mafia feel to it. Notice how the women are always ready for the camera? Of course, it is hard not to notice a huge ass DSLR complete with lens protruding out.

Their seafood aglio olio with a touch of heat from chilli flakes. The seafood was small but fresh, not overly cooked. And it is certainly a healthier option than the creamy carbonara. I could have finished this on my own but opted to share (such a pity) to try more food.


The sole burrito truck, Babarittos mainly travels around KL. Hence, more the reason to try them out.

They also sell gourmet popcorn. With unpopped corn kernel going at less than RM 5 and you can have a big bucket of popcorn, I should give this a serious thought of turning into a business.

We tried out their beef burrito. While the tortilla wasn't too thick, I found the beef to be a bit too salty. Sure, it was juicy and all but the sodium killed it.


Wheeloaf is famous for their fresh and hot panini. It also helps that they are conveniently located in Damansara Uptown. For most of the weeknights.

Almond strudel. Maybe because it wasn't fresh so it wasn't as crunchy as I'd hope/like it to be. Still, pretty nice.


The Laughing Monkey is possibly the only coffee truck for the day. There is also the Royal Post but both of them are out of my comfort zone. Since my coffee addiction had began rearing its ugly head, I decided to grab a cup of joe too despite the heat.

With the prices that they charge, it is no wonder they are laughing. I'd be laughing to the bank too if I can charge the same standard cafe prices while operating out of a truck without proper comfortable chairs and tables or even ambiance to bask in while checking out some chicks. The coffee itself wasn't too bad but certainly not worth the price.

Our last bite of the day was this beef burger from dr Mak Rony. It was one of the lonelier trucks despite selling an assortment of burgers (chicken, beef, lamb) and frozen meat patties as well. For less than RM 10, you get a sizable patty that isn't exactly dry with the usual burger condiments. Apart from the size, nothing is impressive about this burger. Though you have to bear in mind the amount of food I've had so far.

Just remember to halve everything because I came with a friend and we shared everything (except the coffee and strudel and pearl tea). There was a guy who was also armed with a DSLR taking pictures around the scene. Alone.
see, this is why I asked you to come along with me.
why? 
I don't want to end up looking like him, totting a big camera and walking around alone taking pictures.
oh. that was a wise decision. 

Unfortunately, the photographer was actually not very alone when his female companion turned up just as we were done.
isn't that the same guy? 
yea. is that the gf?
not sure. 
I think she is.
how so?
he has his hand on her butt. 

Ok, that is one way to know for sure. This is not the girl btw. It was just a nice shot. She looked rather sweet albeit lonesome. Not sure if she was waiting for someone as I stopped watching a (sad) reminder of what I look like minus the sweet/pretty part during the weekends.

Comments