Review: 88 Seafood, Aman Suria

I didn't realize how urgent my father needed something from me until he offered to drive down to pick it up even though I told him earlier that  I wasn't free that night. Not that I was going out somewhere, just had to do the household chores. That still counts as a plan in my book.

Since he already braved the horrendous evening jam coming from Klang, I suggested to head over to Aman Suria for dinner. We decided to try this place since the other one was closed.
is this place good? 
ok la...
better than the other one? 
about the same. standard Chinese fare.

Actually, OK is quite my standard reply to most things. Food, looks, people.
My mother taught me that if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.
Actually, it wasn't my mother. Probably years of reading Enid Blyton and the likes during my childhood. How did I still end up becoming so shrewd.... hmm....

Their menu comes in color. Any Chinese restaurant that has their menu in English certainly gets a brownie point from me and any other non-Chinese reading folks. Unfortunately though, they didn't display the price. It is usually an indication of "I may charge you exorbitantly but lets not scare you so early before you even eat".

Stir fried French bean with roast pork. Strange that I was talking about these beans the other day and it's almost like deja vu. Same thing again.
The beans still had a nice crunch to them and the roast pork was quite good. Crispy skin, fatty layer then lean meat, I was happy to have just this and nothing else. (random craving for vegetables).

Steamed egg with salted egg and century egg. This was served piping hot and it was very enjoyable even by itself. With the spring onion and fried shallots, all the better. Ordinarily, I'd pick them off but the egg was a bit bland on its own unless you douse it with the soy sauce but then it'll be too salty then. The egg was very smooth, almost slurp-able.

My father asked if I wanted to eat fish which I didn't want. Not because I didn't want to eat fish but ordering fish would mean expensive bill and my purse is filled with receipts, not money T_T Since he offered to pay, I told him to just order whatever he wanted. Turned out he really wanted to eat fish. Nyonya style to be specific which is better than the usual soy sauce version. The former is very flavorful and appetizing but it's the latter that really lets you taste the freshness of the fish.

Thankfully, this place managed to serve not only a decent sized fish (for 3pax) but also very fresh and fleshy. You can taste its sweetness from its flesh, indicating that it was alive before served. Sorry fish but RIP knowing that your death was not in vain as you fed me well. The gravy had a slight tinge of sourness and not very spicy. Definitely appetizing.

When my father ordered for the bill, the waiter came with ice cream for us =D Maybe it's been awhile since I had them but it was a very nice gesture. Sure, it may not be Haagen Daaz or even Magnolia but hey, it's really the gesture that counts. A rather cheap marketing trick to get gullible people such as yours truly to come here again.

Comments