Review: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The first Star Wars movie from Disney, it also happened to be my first Star Wars movie (in the cinema). Simply for the reason that I am not a fan of them.  Strangely enough, the other movies I've watched in the franchise happened to be the worst of the lot (according to the fans, at least):
Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
All in that particular order... because that's what the TV was showing them. Week after week. And yes, I watched them all on terrestial TV. On Saturday nights. Because that's how sad my life is.

Without much background on the whole Star Wars story, this was just going to be a movie with hopefully lots of jokes and action to get me through all 2hour and 20minutes of it. Many say that this latest one has multiple references to the previous movies. While it would obviously help if you did know them all, I didn't find the movie too bad or difficult to laugh along.

Of course, it did raise few questions but not as bad as Spectre did. Am I a convert? Well, not quite. Sure, it has the laughs and the explosions. Plotline is not too bad either. Just not my genre.

Comments