Review: Orkid Ria, Pantai Cenang Langkawi

Lot 1225, Pantai Cenang,
Mukim Kedawang,
07100 Langkawi
Tel# +60 4-955 4128
https://foursquare.com/v/orkid-ria-seafood-restaurant/4c0892c7009a0f476267e6bf

After a nice stroll at the other part of town, we headed back to Pantai Cenang for dinner. This wasn't my first pick but dinner date was getting impatient with my indecisiveness so I opted for this totally, obvious tourist trap =( You'd think that being the birthday girl would earn a wee bit more perks but not that much.

I know. Why we so nice and not binge drink? Because we just can't drink for nuts. Also, as cheap as booze was on this tax free island, money is still money T_T

Sweet sour crab. 
 The one thing I wanted specifically for dinner was crab. Not the STD though at this juncture, it would be a possibility too.

 For RM 35, we got 2 small crabs. As much as I like this seafood, having someone who is lazy to peel them is a deterrent to truly enjoy them. After ordering, the captain will ask you to pick them (the crab) from a tank and weigh it in front of you. For RM 35, it wasn't so bad. Not very meaty but enough to satisfy my craving. The gravy was kinda sweet but enjoyable still.

 Stir fried veggie with salted fish RM 10
Not very memorable except it was slightly wilted. Is that like me? A left over woman?

Deep fried squid RM 18
Rather small plate but at least it was really crispy. And fresh.

It made for a quiet and kinda nice birthday dinner. Except for the din. And slow service.

Comments