How To: Deep fry chicken wings

Wow, I didn't realize my last cooking post was back in Aug 2015. That's just slightly better than my cereal that expired in Nov 2015.

Unfortunately, this is actually a cheat post since I didn't cook it myself. My aunt prepared some dishes for my niece's birthday. Fried chicken being her specialty. All I could recall was going to the McDonald's drive through to purchase fries. Honestly, putting freshly fried fries in my custody is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, bad idea. Not just for them but also me.

Prepping alone can sometimes be a chore itself before the actual cooking starts. Don't get me started on the cleaning.


My aunt prepares the marinade and batter herself. Sort of like a secret recipe. The key to good fried chicken anything is making sure that the meat is pat dried as much as possible.

Not only does it allow the flavors to absorb better, you run a lower risk of being splashed with hot oil. Unfortunately (or not), deep frying is something that I don't bother to venture into due to health reasons. As unhealthy my lifestyle maybe, this is the least to do not to make it worse.

They came out being not too oily. Obviously, they aren't as crispy as KFC but don't render them any less finger licking good.

Comments