US Pizza, Tropicana Avenue

Quite a number of F&B have taken up to social media marketing which makes sense since you can reach out to a wider audience, if that's your target audience. Ever since I moved out, the only TV time that I have is during meal times outside. That is also if they happen to have TV and switched on to something other than sports. 

Like how many of you still watch local, non-cable channels? I'd imagine most would have switched to Android TV box or Netflix but maybe not the rural areas? 

US Pizza's video on Facebook featured a pizza boat with melted cheese and an egg (yolk) in the middle. Sadly I didn't order that as I forgot about it entirely until the next table ordered it. While it does look impressive (melted stringy cheese), I think it's best to have it with few people as you may feel that it's wee bit too much of cheese. It was really just a puddle of cheese and egg surrounded by pizza bowl. 

Anyway, I ordered the half combo at about RM 43 which came with 2 drinks and all these. 

 Garlic twist bread. Although we were the only other table, the food took long to arrive. This was still fresh and warm but I don't understand how after the initial bite, it was quite hard to bite off. Taste was all right, texture was downright baffling . Not crunchy, not fluffy, not airy.

 3 pairs of chicken wing and drummet. A little sweet with a tinge of spiciness, I somehow still prefer Domino's version that was spicier. This one's more sweet. But we were enjoying this after all that waiting.

 This combo allows to pick two flavors of pizza. So we had the beef pepperoni and Aloha chicken. You can pick thin crust with a surcharge (maybe RM3). We stuck to the original and it wasn't that bad. The pizza overall wasn't as cheesy as I would prefer or maybe it's the thick crust that made it seem so. While the pepperoni was what one would expect, the Aloha was a little on the weird side.

They used white sauce which somehow translated to a mayo-like flavor. I've never had that before in pizza so it was quite the eye opener. Would I come back again? Possibly since it's just a stone's throw away. Otherwise, not quite worth the effort.

Comments