Kam Kee Cafe, The Starling Mall

A place so new that it has no social media presence? Yup, better believe it.
Another HK char chan teng concept but clearly not targeted at college kids as their average menu is close to RM 20 without being a set. You can top up around RM 6 to turn it into a full meal with drink, starter/side and/or soup. Really depends on which you order.

Borsch soup.
The one soup that I never order in Kim Gary because I'm too loyal/obsessed with their corn soup, this is like a tomato beef soup. It's not that bad, I just prefer the corn soup , that's all.

Beef brisket curry with plain white rice ~RM 18
It looks so unassuming, so plain that my heart sank a bit, wondering what did I subject myself to. There were few chunks of potatoes, paired well with the curry. The beef was cooked until tender and really absorbed the flavors of the curry. It did turn out better than I anticipated but if you prefer your curry more spicy and less creamy, this is not for you.

Stir fry cabbage and pork ~RM 9
This one turned out to be a nice surprise. Slightly spicy and tangy, very different from your tai chow version. I appreciate that it wasn't wet, noodles not too limp with still a bite to them.

Comments