Lérz' Malaysia, Damansara Uptown


After dinner, we decided to hunt for dessert because we're ravenous like that.
Stumbled upon this food drink/dessert truck right outside of Family Mart with some very interesting choices. You can do the usual bubble drinks or shaved ice.

I'm trying to cut down on sugary boba so it was this shaved iced. RM 8.90 or so, sans grass jelly. Doesn't it look suspiciously like SnowFlake? Unfortunately, that's where the similarity ends. The ice wasn't shaved finely enough. They use brown sugar but not the thick gula melaka, good enough that it's not the normal syrup. The taro balls were made of different ingredients e.g. sweet potato, pumpkins, I only wished they made the texture softer and more chewy.

Funny thing is they ran out of big bowls, hence resorted to these two smaller bowls instead. It was barely 9pm but I don't really care so much as long as it's a decent setup albeit troublesome. They were taken aback when I said I was going to have it there. Like, you're operating a food truck. Do people never ever want to have it there and then? Plus it's ice, it would have melted into this sugary death by the time I get home.

But the best part was when they (2 of them) were bickering among themselves in Mandarin...
how come there's no more big bowl? 
we ran out
i thought i asked you to bring more???!?!? 
i'll do it tomorrow. 

Like hey, hey, chill the f down coz I just wanna chill with my ice yo. Perhaps they didn't realize I understood Mandarin as I did the ordering in English that they weren't too concerned about internal bickering in front of the customers. But things did get a bit awkward when I snapped the above picture and she went:
aiyo, she's taking a picture of them.... 
😅 I kinda paid for it, so am I not allowed/supposed to take a picture of them? Would it be better if I took a picture of your product after my digestion system is done with them instead? 💩

Comments