Rebel Pasta, Damansara Uptown


What's so special about Rebel Pasta is you won't get the usual aglio olio or carbonara. Instead, their pasta has a unique twist to them. Or at least not the usual flavor that you'd get elsewhere. That or I need to eat more pasta 😅But the best thing has got to be their prices. Most of them are priced below RM 20. While at some places that translate to smaller portion, Rebel Pasta made sure that you won't walk out hungry. Just don't expect to be really full either unless you're a small eater.

Choco beef stew.
I don't know if choco here is short for chocolate or just a fancy name since it's brown. There isn't that sweet cocoa taste but the beef does have a distinct flavor to it that I can't quite put my finger too. Maybe it is chocolate, after all. While it isn't bad, I do wish that it was a bit richer. The beef was oh-so tender and they used some fatty bits that melt in the mouth. Some carrots to make it healthier but hey, it's pasta.

Squid ink seafood pasta.
I don't see squid ink in menus generally so this was begging for me to order. If you've never had squid ink anything before, it's nothing at all like the usual tomato or cream or olive oil based pasta. Maybe it's a mix of them all. The flavor has a squid/seafood note, slightly creamy but not overly so. It's best to eat it while still hot so that you can fully savor the squid ink and the seafood. After awhile, it did become overbearing that I resorted to chili flakes to counter the taste.

For RM 21.90, it didn't come with lots of seafood (2 mussels, 2 shrimps, few rings of squid, 2 halved cherry tomatoes) but really a lot of pasta. Great for first timers to share.

They also have other local-infused pasta which makes me want to visit them again.

Comments