港都香港 KD HONGKONG RESTAURANT, 3 Damansara Mall

Depending on when you're reading this, you're either appalled at how I'm not practicing social distancing or wondering what the heck I'm talking about now. Perhaps once this COVID19 blows over, we can all look back and reminisce in laughter. For now, it's no laughing matter (no pun intended). Please stay home and look forward to the day that we can freely venture out. I'll try my best to update my blog for all the things that you're missing out on. Don't worry, I'm also home almost 24/7 that my cat is getting annoyed by me. These all happened in the past. And one day too, this will pass.

With the movement control order in place, most of the non-essential businesses are closed. F&B are still allowed to open but for takeaway and delivery only. Even before that order was in effect, most restaurants were barely surviving. KD entirely reduced their menu to just the sets which still gave some variety.

Each set came with a drink and soup. The latter is probably straight out of the can while the former is not very diluted. I would give them a thumb's up for not giving up at such times.

Spicy noodle with fried chicken. It had a hint of chili padi and curry leaves in the noodle. The drummets were fried with a thin batter.
Not the usual combo but it sort of works.

Sweet and sour spicy mee sua. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect but this wasn't quite it. No, that wasn't a complaint at all. If anything, the gravy was a bit sour and then some spicy. Lots of minced pork and shrimps. As someone who prefers crunchy noodles over soggy ones, I was a bit disappointed that half way through, my noodles were limp.

Comments