XXXIII: Come ride with me

No.2, Xiangyang Rd., 
Taipei City 10046

The second museum that we visited, I think I've visited more museums in Taiwan than I did back home. This one is free but it's much smaller. When we arrived, an earlier group of school children just ended their visit which was great as it meant not having to squeeze in between the people to get a good glimpse at the artifacts.

Actually, at that time, there weren't much of any artifact. We were given a guided tour of the history of bicycles as a transportation mode in Taiwan. My Mandarin comprehension did improve slightly at the end of it. Fun fact: I used to cycle to school because I felt it was a rip off paying RM 30 a month for bus rides that are either too early or too cramped in the morning and just plain sweaty, sticky in the evening. Oh, not forgetting that they would drop me off not in front of my house but quite a distance away. Like 5minutes walk.

There is an open free park beside the museum. Quite a number of locals there, chilling and enjoying the sunset.

The parks are well maintained. Not much of litter (or any as a matter of fact) or overgrown bushes (those where the sun don't shine don't count).

Comments