Doctor, doctor

 1, Jalan SS 12 / 1A,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Malaysia.
Tel# +603-5639 1212
http://sjmc.ramsaysimedarby.asia/

I've never been hospitalized my entire life that there is a slight envy (yes, envy) when I hear of people ending up in one due to dengue or something non-threatening. The thought of being attended to is just so nice.

If you have puked enough, please look at this picturesque view of the building which I took with my Mi3. Phone cameras do well in bright daylight. Or at least mine does.

It wasn't my first visit there but the place has undergone some renovations ever since they were bought over or rebranded to Ramsay. Still, we all just know it as SJMC that they eventually gave up and let that remain. However, the face certainly did go through some major face lift. Walking through some of the corridors, it did feel like I was in a hotel, rather than a hospital.

This is the toilet. With frosted glass.  Tiled to the ceiling.

Even their sinks are better than mine. But then again, I don't charge people at least few hundreds a night to stay.

There are few open areas. This is the inquiry cum waiting area. Of the few times that I was there, the place was really busy with enough foot traffic here. There is another section for admissions.

My company offers medical benefit that includes hospitalization. It's simple, really. Go to the hospital, show them your GP referral letter, they'll call the insurance company to verify your policy entitlements, wait for the guarantee letter, get admitted.

I think.

Once they have processed your admission but they can't bring you to your room yet (SJMC is popular for baby deliveries and cancer treatments), you can head to the admission lounge.

There are comfy chairs and beds for bedridden patients. The TV was playing a movie on Fox Channel.

While waiting for them to process and prepare the room, I took the liberty of making myself comfortable. People often say that hospitals are the worst, totally uncomfortable. Not that I have spent a night here before, but it looked very conducive for healing.

That's my Hello Kitty bag which has unfortunately meet an untimely demise. My heart really aches because it was my favorite bag.

Sometimes, they just want to get you into a room even if yours isn't ready so they park you temporarily somewhere. Anywhere available. During my short stop on this bed, it certainly wasn't the softest but still, not unbearably uncomfortable. They have the single and double occupancy room. How do you deal with your valuables if you aren't staying in single rooms? Call me paranoid but you never know.

Just got my new water bottle then and it blended well with the walls. Oh yea, they do provide you with water too. By the (500ml) bottle.

Depending on what you are in for, they have proper meals and snacks throughout the day. So tell me again, how's it bad to be hospitalized? Fresh fruits and mini chicken pizza. They will usually take into consideration your dietary needs and come up with something that's palatable. No, I didn't try all but the fruits were not bad.

Once, in Prince Court, I wanted to try some leftover dinner as the patient that I was visiting didn't have the appetite. Somehow, the rest found my behavior uncalled for =( To be honest, I was really hungry and the food looked not bad.

A simple dinner which is more appetizing than my cooking. They will usually hand you a menu for the next day and ask you to pick what you would like to have.

Some people say that hospital food (along with airline food) tastes like crap. Sure, it may be somewhat bland but if you're accustomed to blanched cabbage and chicken, this is actually not so bad.

Yes, hospital food is better than my cooking.

Comments