Review: Caffe Bene, Da Men Mall

Persiaran Kewajipan, Usj 1,
Subang Jaya 47600

 When the bingsu craze first landed on our shore, I was mildly interested but was thoroughly put off by the price. Close to RM 20 for a bowl of shaved ice with some 'premium' ingredients, it was a bloody ripoff. So when Fave GroupOn offered a deal, I jumped at the opportunity to see what the fuss was all about.

 Patbingsu RM 16.80
It is mainly shaved ice down there, much finer than Snowflakes. Tastes better? Ok la, slightly better.

 For the toppings, this is crushed nuts with red bean, topped with a mochi ball. I found the beans to be almost overpowering but you're probably supposed to enjoy it with the ice below.  It's not bad. Just not something I'd pay more than RM 10 for.

 This is the second bingsu joint for me. The first was more memorable. For a different reason ;)

Cookies & Cream bingsu RM 16.80
This combo was a little weird to be honest.

I like Oreo but with the ice, they don't seem to gel very well.

Overall, the portion is huge and it took the two of us a while to finish one.

Comments